Please advise Pre-School as soon as possible if your child will not be attending because of illness. The registering authority prevents us from accepting children with
vomiting or any communicable illness and must send home any child who develop these symptoms whilst at pre-school.
- We will not accept any child back at pre-school until they have been 48 hours clear of any vomiting or diarrhoea.
- We will not accept your child in if they have been given calpol prior to coming into Pre-School, if your child is unwell enough to have calpol they are too unwell for
- If your child requires antibiotics, ear drops or eye drops we ask for the first 24 hour dose to be given at home, after this we can administer it at Pre-School with
prior written consent from parents.
- If your child has a temperature they will be required to stay at home until they are 24 hours clear of the temperature.
- Pre-school will not give any medication unless written permission is given.
- Pre-school is unable to administer Nurofen or aspirin, unless we have a doctor’s letter.
- In the event of an illness, accident or emergency we will make the effort to contact the parents immediately, however in the event that we are unable to contact
parents we will act on their behalf and take any action we feel appropriate.
You will find our Pre-School illness policy in our policy folder, if you wish to see these please ask a member of staff.
Should your child get hurt during a session at Pre-School an accident from will be completed. You will be asked to sign this upon collection as confirmation you have been
informed. If your child attends Pre-School with an existing accident that has occurred outside of Pre-School you will be asked to fill out an existing accident form, a member of staff will be present
to help you fill this out if needed.